JESUS THE FULL SALVATION
JESUS THE FULL SALVATION
Thutak Nunpuitu Team (TNT) was founded by Dr. Sangthankima on 14th Nov, 1988 at Champhai
Dr.Sangthankima was born to be the third among the nine children of Mr.Lalruma Sailo and Mrs.Lianmawii on 18th Oct 1960 at Tlangsam. He is 6.2ft tall and his qualification is Vth Standard. Since his childhood, in the midst of hardships, he was ready to face any challenge which comes his way.
When he was reaching the age of twenty, though deeply troubled by his sinful deeds and wordly desires before, he was changed and became a staunch follower of Christ. He then sacrificed his whole life for the sake of saving the physically and spiritually needy ones. This mission holds the most important place in his life that even his wife or children could not stand his way. Keeping aside everything to save the lost souls, he ignored even his own health.
1. Those who are born physically and mentally sound but become drugs abusers, sex abusers turning insane who are looked down by even the religious people and the society in general. He hoped that these robbers, murderers, wanderers, etc could be saved by the love of Christ.
2. Those physically handicapped, mentally retarded ones, the homeless and wanderers who sometimes eat from public trashbin are our fellow human beings. He felt the need of feeding ,bathing and taking care of them with love. He said that their needs must be prioritised than our own.
3. Is it because of that the fear of God has declined or our society has failed? Is it because sexual acts are encouraged or because of our culturally corrupted nature that minor children were abandoned and newly born infants dumped into drains came into existence. He said that we should work for the hopeless, the deceived and the torn by giving them proper care and guidance to become good citizens.
He started this mission on the outskirt of Champhai District. He labours day and night earning the needs of these helpless people. He started teaching ½ persons earnestly so as to lead them in the right path .
He became so successful and popular that many people are attracted in his service for the downtrodden. Many aspirants from many places volunteered to co - serve in his mission without any wages. As the team becomes bigger those being saved by the Word continue working in the same place. Together the patients and the workers share the charity given by benevolent donors.
As the camp doesn’t hold them anymore they shifted to Aizawl from Champhai in 1991 where Ex minister K. Thangzuala lent them a farm (14 bigha). Many men of the above mentioned types came for help to this camp. Those are drug abusers, alcoholics, orphans, differently abled persons and sex workers. People of different
a) De- addiction centre ,where drug abusers, alcoholics, sex workers and any delinquents are admitted.
b) Pangpar Huan , where the mentally illed/ retarded are admitted.
c) Child Care Centre, where the orphans are looked after.
They are given proper guidance depending on the Holy Words of God, so do bear the name of this organisation as ‘Thutak Nunpuitu Team’ (The Team that Lives the Truth)
Works and achievements of TNT
De addiction centre functions like a therapeutic community where the workers are sacrificing their lives to save the lives of drug abusers, alcoholics and such delinquents to become useful citizen for God and the country by making proper Rules and Regulations for the insiders.
Till date, as many as 15000 have repented their sin and had left their past unworthy lives. Out of these 460 workers had volunteered to help those like themselves. The total number of inmates are 29000 out of which 938 are still here.
At Pangpar Huan, the differrently abled patients are given proper food and shower at the right time dutifully. As far as possible they are trained to become helpful and self sufficient in their own spheres including sports.TNT has so far 8600 mentally handicapped patients. Every year 20-40 patients recovered to lead a normal life. Out of these as many as 200 members had volunteered to be one of the workers here. At present there are 421 patients in this group.
At the Child Care Centre each child of below five years has his or her own caretaker. After five years they are shifted to Nursery section where they began schooling. When they become ten years they undergo various trainings including craft. So far homeless orphans who have been registered here have reached 780 in numbers.
In sports they have good records especially in Judo, Volleyball and Weightlifting - 56 National level medals, more than 720 state level medals and many trophies. Cultural Club and Pipe Band(Baja) are also there which are oftenly invited on some important Government functions.
Each group has its own Leader and Secretary who administer efficiently under the Chairmanship of the Founder, Dr. Sangthankima. Besides its headquarter in Aizawl, TNT has branches in three big districts of Mizoram – Calvary Home at Khuangpuilam, Kolasib, Lunglei Home at Theiriat, Lunglei , Mazuia Memorial Home at College Veng, Champhai and Tahan Centre at Varpui, Tahan, Myanmar.
In all of these centres 5630 patients had been registered out of which 1350 patients have been saved to start a new life. Many of them have volunteered to continue working here.
The works and achievements of Dr. Sangthankima for rebuilding the lives of many people was witnessed and has been appreciated by the following Awards.
1. Champhai Group YMA Award - 2000
2. Chief Corporal Rema Lalthanliana Memorial Trust Award - 2001
3. Mizoram Upa Pawl General Headquarters, Aizawl. Appreciation Award – 2002
4. Former Legislator Association Chawimawina Award – 2005
5. Norh East TV Peoples Choice Award - 2005
6. Karmayogi Award – 2005
7. Mizoram Business Department – 2006
8. Champhai District Volleyball Association Appreciation Award – 2006
9. Salvation Army Central Division Award – 2006
10. Zonet Award – 2006
11. Doctor of Humane Letters, University of Kentucky USA - 2008
12. Mizoram Social Defence & Rehabilitation Board Award – 2009
13. Swami Rama Humanitarian Award - 2009
14. Vulmawi Lifetime Achievement Award – 2011
15. National Child Welfare Award – 2013
16. Eastern Panorama Award ¬– 2013
17. Lunglei Writeers’ Club Award – 2014
18. Champhai District Promoter Award – 2014
19. Mother Teresa International Social Justice Award – 2014
20. State Bank of India Appreciation Award – 2015